Hi Webster Staff and Parents,
Here is the news for this week:
- Thank you to all who came to our WildKAT Challenge Celebration Dance last Friday night. We had a really fun time boogie down and shaking it off with all present. Winners of the raffle prizes need not to have been present to receive their prize. Each ticket should have the student’s name and class; PTO will be checking in to make sure everyone gets their prize.
- We also had a great PTO meeting last week Thursday night. We had three big things happen in our meeting:
- First, we heard from a local Charitable Social Network called HuTerra. HuTerra operates an app that allows users to take pictures of receipts from stores to have a portion of the money you spend donated to Webster Elementary’s PTO. More information about how to download and use the app from HuTerra will be coming soon.
- Second, the PTO Board awarded two ArtSmart Scholarships to two students, Aria Hoffman and Olivia Zawacki, for their up coming trip to New York City to participate in the trial run of a Junior Version of a Broadway Musical. This opportunity comes after the two girls were selected by Kevin Flogel and successfully auditioned via video submission; they will be joined by three students from East High School.
- In a further effort to help these students with their trip, the PTO is organizing a fundraising committee to create fundraising opportunities to support the travel costs for this trip. If you have ideas for fundraisers and would like to join this committee please email the PTO at email@example.com, contact us on Facebook, or write to us on Slack.
- Third, the PTO has nominated four individuals for our 2018-2019 school year Board. Voting will take place at our next PTO Meeting on Thursday, May 17th at 6 PM in the Webster Elementary School Library.
- Jessica Hebert was nominated as Co-Chair
- Loren Prince was nominated as Co-Chair
- Charlie Brawner was nominated as Communications Director
- Corey Femling was nominated as Treasurer
- As always, if you have questions about the PTO or what we’re doing at school please reach out to us on Facebook, email, or Slack.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here