Happy Tuesday, everyone! Lots of info this week so I’ll skip the small talk.
Hi Webster Staff and Parents,
Here is the news for this week:
- Thank you to all who came to our WildKAT Challenge Celebration Dance last Friday night. We had a really fun time boogie down and shaking it off with all present. Winners of the raffle prizes need not to have been present to receive their prize. Each ticket should have the student’s name and class; PTO will be checking in to make sure everyone gets their prize.
- We also had a great PTO meeting last week Thursday night. We had three big things happen in our meeting:
- First, we heard from a local Charitable Social Network called HuTerra. HuTerra operates an app that allows users to take pictures of receipts from stores to have a portion of the money you spend donated to Webster Elementary’s PTO. More information about how to download and use the app from HuTerra will be coming soon.
- Second, the PTO Board awarded two ArtSmart Scholarships to two students, Aria Hoffman and Olivia Zawacki, for their up coming trip to New York City to participate in the trial run of a Junior Version of a Broadway Musical. This opportunity comes after the two girls were selected by Kevin Flogel and successfully auditioned via video submission; they will be joined by three students from East High School.
- In a further effort to help these students with their trip, the PTO is organizing a fundraising committee to create fundraising opportunities to support the travel costs for this trip. If you have ideas for fundraisers and would like to join this committee please email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us on Facebook, or write to us on Slack.
- Third, the PTO has nominated four individuals for our 2018-2019 school year Board. Voting will take place at our next PTO Meeting on Thursday, May 17th at 6 PM in the Webster Elementary School Library.
- Jessica Hebert was nominated as Co-Chair
- Loren Prince was nominated as Co-Chair
- Charlie Brawner was nominated as Communications Director
- Corey Femling was nominated as Treasurer
- As always, if you have questions about the PTO or what we’re doing at school please reach out to us on Facebook, email, or Slack.
News for the week of April 2nd:
- On Thursday, April 5th the PTO will have a general member meeting at 6 pm in the Webster School Library. This is an important meeting because we will be nominating members for our Board election later this spring. If you are interested in helping the PTO in a board position please reach out to the current board members or attend the meeting on Thursday night.
- On Friday night is our school dance! This is our celebration for all the hard work students put in for the WildKAT Challenge. The Dance will start at 6 with DJ Charlie Brawner spinning the tunes; snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase.
- There will be prizes that student can win with the raffle tickets they earned through the WildKAT Challenge. Baskets for the prizes will be in school during the week and students may place some, or all, of their tokens in the basket of the prize (or prizes) they would like to win. The drawing will take place at the dance; students do not have to be present to win their prize.
- Support the Sting Cancer group buy purchasing apparel and t-shirts in their sale. The sale ends on Wednesday, April 4th. Click on this link to access the flyer and the sale code for the website.
Hello Webster Families and Staff,
Here are your news updates for the week of February 5th, 2018:
- The WildKAT Challenge is coming up quickly! In just two and a half weeks your students will be testing their knowledge to try and raise money to support their school. The WildKAT Committee is lining up prizes for all students that participate.
- We have received a lot of volunteer slips in the office – THANK YOU! We are much closer to filling up our needed volunteer slots for questioners, but we can still use more! Our afternoon is almost completely full, but our morning shift needs some help. If you’re able to come in for even a small part of the morning (like 9:30 to 11) we would love your help.
- PLEDGE FORMS — Pledge forms for the WildKAT Challenge are due this Friday (2/9/18). Help make sure this fundraiser is a success and help your student gather pledges for their sheet.
- On Thursday, February 8th Webster Elementary is hosting an Art Smart Open House to showcase the art and music integrated education that is featured at our school. Be sure to stop in at school during the day from 9 AM until 2 PM to see what has been going on this year at Webster in our arts and music programs.
Here are the updates for this week:
- Today is the WildKAT Challenge Kickoff Day! Information packets will be going home with students. Included will be a welcome letter, pledge form, and the questions for your students to work on. Pledge forms are due back on February 9th.
- We still need volunteers to read questions on WildKAT Challenge day — Thursday, February 22nd — either in the morning (8:45 AM – 11:15 AM) or in the afternoon (12:45 PM – 2:30 PM). Please contact the PTO Board at our email address (email@example.com) to let us know if you’re able to help out. Thanks!
- Thursday is our PTO Meeting in the school library at 6 PM. Please join us to learn about upcoming events and let us know what you would like to see the PTO do in the next few months. We’ve received requests about projects around school, but need more parents present before we can vote on what we can and can’t do. All parents of Webster Students are welcome to attend and have full voting rights at PTO Meetings.
- Our next general PTO Meeting is April 5th; this will be an important meeting because we will be nominating new members to the PTO Board. If you are interested in helping the PTO out in a Board Member capacity, please reach out to any of the board members to ask them what is involved.
- Friday is an early release day. Please be sure to pick up your child at 1 PM.
Hello Webster Families and Staff,
Here are a few update for the next few weeks:
- Our WildKAT Challenge is coming up in just about one month on February 22nd. Students will be receiving pledge sheets and information packets next week on Monday, January 22nd. We have some exciting volunteers already signed up and ready to ask questions for our event, including some Green Bay Police officers and the Mayor of Green Bay.
- The PTO Meeting is on Thursday, January 25th at 6 PM in the library. Free childcare will be available from 6 PM until 7 PM when the meeting wraps up.
- Next week Friday, January 26th is an Early Release Day. Please be sure to pick up your kids by 1 PM.
Hi Families and Staff of Webster Elementary,
Here are a few updates for this week:
- Penny Pitch is this week (except Tuesday)! Have your student bring in their pennies to raise money for technology purchases at school. The class that earns the most money will receive a prize!
- Tuesday night is the Webster Elementary Winter Concert! Tickets are available in the school office or the night of the event at the Weidner Center on the UWGB campus. Cost is $2 per adult; kids are free. If you’re concerned about the cost for your family please contact the school office.
- The Piano and Violin Pre-Show starts at 6 PM in the Weidner Center Lobby.
- The main concert starts at 6:30 PM. Please be sure your child is there on time and wearing the appropriate attire for their grade group. Information on arrival time and attire went home in the last two weeks. If you have any questions, please call the school office.
- On Friday, we’re celebrating the Winter Break by having a school Pajama Day! Please make sure your child’s pajamas are as weather appropriate as possible; please no night gowns or shorts.
- Winter Recess begins next Monday, December 25th. School resumes January 2nd. The PTO would like to wish all the families and staff of Webster Elementary a very Happy Holiday season. We look forward to having a Happy New Year with all of you!
A few other notes:
Hello Families and Staff,
Updates for this week:
- Popcorn Day is tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 12). 50 cents per bag; limit 4 bags per students.
- Early Release is on Friday. Please be prepared to pick up your student at 1:00 PM.
- Special Person Lunch for Second Grade is on Friday at 12:20 PM. Please sign in with the PTO volunteers before going to the cafeteria to find your student.
- The Winter Concert is next week Tuesday at the Weidner Center on the UWGB Campus. The Piano and Violin Pre-Show starts at 6:00 PM in the Lobby; main concert starts at 6:30 PM in the main theater.
- Penny Pitch is next week. Students have the opportunity to compete against their classmates to see which class can raise the most money to support technology purchases at Webster Elementary. The classroom that wins will get a special treat!
- On February 22nd, we are having our WildKAT Challenge Fundraiser. The PTO Board is creating a Planning Committee to help with organizing this event. If you’re a staff or family member that is interested in joining please email the PTO to let us know.
Just a few updates for this week:
There are no PTO sponsored events for this week, but I would like to highlight a few things coming up in the next couple of weeks.
Popcorn Tuesday is on December 12th. $.50 a bag; limit four per student.
Friday, December 15th is an Early Release Day from school. Please pick up your child[ren] at 1:00 PM.
The Webster Elementary School Winter Concert is on Tuesday, December 19 at the Weidner Center for Performing Arts on the UWGB Campus. Piano and Violin pre-show begin at 6 PM in the lobby. The main concert begins at 6:30 PM in the theater. If you have more questions you may email Mr. Flogel or call the school office.
As it gets closer to the Holiday Season take some time to look through the Webster Staff Favorite Things page on the PTO website. Many of the staff at Webster have answered questions about their favorite things.
Just one event coming up this week:
- Webster Family Movie night is on Friday, December 1st at 6 PM in the school gym. We’ll be watching the Emoji Movie which students voted for during conference week. The movie is free to watch; popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase.
Hello Webster Families and Staff,
Here are your updates for Sunday, November 12th:
- Scholastic Book Fair starts tomorrow and runs all week in the library. Christmas and other holidays are coming soon – celebrate with your child by exploring the book fair. The Book Fair is open during Parent/Teacher Conferences from 3-7:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Teacher/Parent Conferences are on Tuesday and Thursday. If you have any questions about signing up to meet your child’s teacher please contact the school office.
- On Thursday during the school day, PTO is hosting a Teacher/Staff Luncheon. The main course for the luncheon will be paid for by the PTO. We are asking for donations of desserts from parents; sign up here on our SignUpGenius Page.
- Friday is Special Person Lunch for First Grade. Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and other special people are invited to join their First Grader at school for lunch. Enter in the back of the building off the black top; sign in with the PTO volunteer before going to the cafeteria.
- Friday is also an Early Release Day for all elementary students. Please make arrangements to pick up your child[ren] at 1:00 PM.
- On Tuesday, November 21 be sure to attend the EQUATE Event at the KI Convention Center. Fifth Graders from Webster will be present art and music along with other area elementary students and Washington Middle School and East High School students. The art show begins at 5 PM; music to begin at 6 PM.
To have all these events available in your calendar, follow the PTO Calendar in your Google or Apple Calendar. You can receive automatic email notifications when changes are made to events in the PTO Calendar. As always, check out our Facebook page for pictures and news about what the PTO is doing. Questions? Hit us up with a Facebook Message or email us at the PTO account.
A few updates for the next week:
- Popcorn Sale is on Tuesday the 7th; 50 cents a bag, limit 4 bags.
- Thursday night at 6 is the PTO Meeting. Check in with us in the library at school or on our Facebook page for the live stream.
- Starting next week Monday, November 13 through November 17, the PTO is hosting the Scholastic Book Fair at school.
- The week of the Book Fair there are also Parent-Teacher Conferences. Mrs. Schultz sent out an email earlier in the week encouraging families to begin signing up for a time to meet with their child’s teacher.
- Friday, November 17th is an early release day for Webster Elementary. It is also the Special Person Lunch for First Grade.
- Special Person lunch will be at 12:20 in the school cafeteria (Please note the time change!). Please have your student’s special person sign in before joining your child for lunch.
Hello Webster Staff and Families,
The PTO is returning to a weekly news release to help promote our events and share information about Webster Elementary. A link to this update will be posted to our Facebook page and emailed to our most current email list for staff and families. We are in the process of updating out parent contact info and apologize if you’re no longer a Webster Family and are continuing to receive our updates. Please e-mail us at our PTO address and we’ll remove you promptly. Staff: If you’re aware of a new Webster Family that is clamoring for more information about school events or PTO in particular, please share our info with them and we can add them to our mailing list. We appreciate your patience with us as we work out the kinks of this still relatively new school year!
Fall Fest! Thank you, thank you, thank you for joining us for our annual Fall Fest at school! We had a great turn out from Webster Families and it was a great night of games, crafts, bouncing, food, and magic. We are grateful to all the businesses that volunteered their time to be at school and pass out candy and other treats. A special thank you to those that volunteered to help make our event happen. If you’re interested in learning more about how you can help with our next event, email or Facebook message the PTO and we’ll gladly let you know! :)
A few bullet points on up coming events:
Hello Webster Elementary Families!
Just about three weeks done in our new school year. I hope your family is adjusting to new routines and new things for the year. One new thing for the school year that PTO is rolling out is how we disseminate information to the Webster community. We have moved from weekly newsletter updates to using social media to provide important updates for our families. We’re open to your comments and constructive criticism of this new method — please let us know on Facebook or through the PTO email how you feel about this change. Thank you!
Another method for receiving information about school and PTO events is through the PTO calendar available on our website. You can subscribe to this calendar using your preferred personal calendar and edit events on a desktop browser to add mobile or email notifications. You can also add notifications for changes made by PTO to our calendar events. For example, if a PTO admin changes an “All-Day” activity to have a specific time you will receive an email notification of that change.
Now to the news for the next few weeks:
- Please be sure to drop off your Hansen’s Order forms today to school. Today is the last day of our fundraiser! You can also put in online orders by midnight today.
- National Walk to School Day is on Wednesday, October 4th in the morning before school. This is a great activity to encourage more physical activity in our community. PTO will update this post and Facebook with more information about ways to join in this event.
- Fall Fest is coming soon! We will be hosting this event at school on Tuesday, October 24th from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. We look forward to filling you in with more updates on vendors and activities. If you have any ideas or suggestions for this event, please reach out to PTO on Facebook or by email.
Welcome to a new school year! I hope your child/children’s first week at school went well.
Upcoming events or important dates for the next two weeks:
On Thursday, September 14th students will have their first chance to have popcorn. Popcorn is $.50 a bag.
Also on Thursday the 14th, the Webster PTO will be hosting its first general meeting of the 2017-2018 school year. All parents and guardians of students at Webster Elementary are automatically members of the PTO. You are encouraged to join us at 6 PM in the library at Webster Elementary. At the general PTO meeting you’ll be able to meet the PTO executive board, Principal Nancy Schultz, and some of our Webster teachers. We will be discussing the upcoming school year, in particular: opportunities to volunteer at school functions and PTO events, information about fundraisers, and other ways to support students and staff at Webster. If you are curious about how to help the PTO or have ideas to share, please feel free to bring questions and comments for the PTO board. There will be free childcare provided in the gym during the duration of the general PTO meeting.
Our general PTO meeting will also be broadcast on our Webster PTO Facebook Page.
On Tuesday, September 19th students will have their school picture taken at school during the day. Look for more information in the first Tuesday folder of the year.
The Hansen’s Food Fundraiser had a great kickoff on Thursday! A representative from Hansen’s was present to help get the kids pumped up about selling pizza and other great stuff to help out the school. If you’re curious how the kickoff went, look for the Facebook Live video on our Facebook page. Orders are due on Monday, September 25th.
Look for a Facebook Live post tomorrow during the day.
Loren Prince, Communications Director
Click here for the PTO newsletter for the week of May 22, 2017
Click here to view the PTO Newsletter for the week of May 15
Click here to view the PTO Newsletter for the week of April 17
Click this link to view the PTO Newsletter for the week of April 10